The penultimate competition of the Longines EEF Series Semi Final Budapest CSIO***-W was the 140 cm competition presented by Concorde, where nearly 30 pairs started for the prize of 5,000 euros. Although there were many flawless rides, there were no close time results, the riders in the lead reached the finish line with differences of more than a second.
The winner of the competition was Italian national team rider Francesco Turturiello, who has already helped his team to the silver medal at Friday’s Nations Cup with a nice double clear round, but now he has shown that he has no problem with speed either. By overcoming two members of the victorious German national team Philipp Schulze Topphoff and Sophie Hinners, he took home the prize for first place confidently with a super fast track.
Francesco Turturiello – Diraba
Philipp Schulze Topphoff – Carla
Sophie Hinners – Grace WB
Károly Régely, representing Concorde, congratulated Angel Niagolov finishing on the fourth place.
Péter Szuhai, member of the young rider national team closed the competition with the best Hungarian result, finishing fifth with the eight-year-old Chilling Out, while Tamás Mráz and Hungarian-bred BN Silver could take sixth place. Among placed riders were Zoltán Czékus and Csaba Kovács, who both rode clear rounds.
Kovács Csaba – Coco Bongo Boy
Live coverage of the competitions can be viewed on the following websites:
- The CSIO Budapest website, under menu item ‘live stream’ »
- The CSIO Budapest Facebook page »
- The Riderline website, under menu item ‘live stream’ »
- The Riderline Facebook page »
- ClipMyHorse »
Photo: CSIO Budapest / Krisztina Hajdu
- Roland Kovács doubled at 140 centimeters, Krisztián Búza won four podium positions
- Hungarian victories on the first day of the Summer in the City International Show Jumping Competition
- Latvian Victory in the Szerencsejáték Zrt. Grand Prix, Czékus, Kövy, Szentirmai Finished with Clear Rounds
- Helena Cassir Wins the CSI* Big Tour Final
- Austrian gold in the 145cm competition