In the end of the first day´s Big Tour of CSIO Budapest audience had to stand up for the national anthem of Ireland. 17 riders out of 66 starterrs made a clear round on the course designed by Werner Deeg.
Shane Carey was the winner with his 10year old grey Westfalian mare Contenance (Cornet Obolensky/Darco) being 1 second faster than jr. Gábor Szabó (HUN) and his chestnut 11 year old mare Timpex Bölcsész (Timpex Cabale/Hargita). Amre Hamcho (SYR) took third place with 15 year old Belgian Senorita (Caesar van de Helle/Sandro). Hosting the event we were pleased to see 9 Hungarians among the 17 clear and placed horse-rider pairs. At the prize giving ceremony Ms Tünde Szabó Under-secretary for Sports, Show director Dorottya Stróbl and Robert Kalko managing director of Horze-Equestrian Hungary. Barna Burucs taking 5th place as best Hungarian young rider was granted a special prize by Hotel Pagony – a 6-day wellness holiday.
- Roland Kovács doubled at 140 centimeters, Krisztián Búza won four podium positions
- Hungarian victories on the first day of the Summer in the City International Show Jumping Competition
- Latvian Victory in the Szerencsejáték Zrt. Grand Prix, Czékus, Kövy, Szentirmai Finished with Clear Rounds
- Helena Cassir Wins the CSI* Big Tour Final
- Austrian gold in the 145cm competition