In the 140cm competition presented by Regale, 49 rider and horse combos lined up for a purse of €3000.
Hungarian riders with many clear rides performed exceptionally but had to settle for places as two German riders rode the fastest perfect rounds. Sönke Aldinger came out on top, beating David Will, one of the most experienced riders in the field.
Third place went to Péter Szentirmai with Express, a consistent strong performer throughout the year.
Gyula Szuhai, Jnr. on Cornet finished fourth, followed by Zoltan Czékus with Castro. Sixth place went to Italian Martina Giordano.
The riders were congratulated by Melinda Schlezák on behalf of the Jury, and Kristóf Szotyori Nagy, President of the Hungarian Jumping Discipline.
Photo: CSIO Budapest / Krisztina Hajdu
- Roland Kovács doubled at 140 centimeters, Krisztián Búza won four podium positions
- Hungarian victories on the first day of the Summer in the City International Show Jumping Competition
- Latvian Victory in the Szerencsejáték Zrt. Grand Prix, Czékus, Kövy, Szentirmai Finished with Clear Rounds
- Helena Cassir Wins the CSI* Big Tour Final
- Austrian gold in the 145cm competition