The Budapest CSI3*-W Designated Olympic Qualifier for Group C is the last qualifier before for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games and the last opportunity for the Hungarian team as well.
After the preliminary entries the organizers expected to host 10 nations but finally only 6 teams arrived to Budapest for the Friday’s Olympic Qualifier. The winner will take automatically one quota place for the Tokyo Olympics.
The draw was lucky for Hungary as the host team will start last. The startlist is as follows:
- Czech Republic
István Németh, Chef d’équipe of the Hungarian team says “It was a lucky draw since the Hungarian team will compete last which is a great advantage for us. We can see our rivals and that helps to decide about technical questions.” He added „We should not forget that the competition has two rounds and in the second round riders will start in reverse order, based on their results in the first round. We hope to keep our good starting position after the first round.”
The starting order of the Hungarian team is already set: András Kövy, Jnr. on Heuréka will be the first rider, followed by Gábor Szabó, Jnr. on Timpex Bölcsész and Balázs Horváth on Zordon, and as the last rider Mariann Hugyecz on Chacco Boy.
The favorite of tomorrow’s competition is Ukraine but Hungary won several times the Nations Cup in Budapest.
The Designated Olympic Qualifier for Group C starts on Friday at 3 pm at the National Riding Hall.
Live stream on FEI TV.
- Roland Kovács doubled at 140 centimeters, Krisztián Búza won four podium positions
- Hungarian victories on the first day of the Summer in the City International Show Jumping Competition
- Latvian Victory in the Szerencsejáték Zrt. Grand Prix, Czékus, Kövy, Szentirmai Finished with Clear Rounds
- Helena Cassir Wins the CSI* Big Tour Final
- Austrian gold in the 145cm competition